The privacy of our visitors to CareyAvalon.com is important to us.
Last modified August 1, 2018
Information we collect
User-Provided Information: We may retain any information you provide when you use our website or Services such as your name, email address, and other personally identifiable information. This also relates to information and messages you send to us when you respond to surveys or otherwise communicate with members of the CareyAvalon.com team through forms, email, or public comments.
Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us such as an ebook, course, membership, or coaching services you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Log File Information: As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Third Party Analytics Services: CareyAvalon.com uses third party analytics services. See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
How we use your information
We use information about you as mentioned above in the following ways:
- To provide our Services for example: to set up and maintain your account, charge you for any of our paid Services, and provide you support for the Services;
- To further develop our Services for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or find useful;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property ofCareyAvalon.com and others; and
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered byCareyAvalon.com and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date onCareyAvalon.com and our products.
How we share your information
We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights ofCareyAvalon.com, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Data transfers outside EEA
If you are resident in the European Union, please note that as we are located in the United States, when you provide us with your Personal Information we will process it in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States, which may not provide the same level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. This is necessary in order to perform our services. Regardless of where your Personal Information is located, we will adopt measures to protect your Personal Information.
How we protect your information
We care about the integrity and security of your Personal Information and implement appropriate security measures to safeguard your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit toCareyAvalon.com or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality ofCareyAvalon.com’s distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Your choices about your information
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a location to a photograph, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving newsletters or promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions at the bottom of the email. If you opt out of newsletters or promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, purchase transactions, and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time,CareyAvalon.com does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using CareyAvalon.com’s website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Ad Services Provided by Others