Coaching is a partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between the Coach (Carey Kingsbury Avalon) and the Client (you) in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
Responsibilities of the Coach:
- Commit to an open, honest, collaborative partnership.
- Help Client create a vision to work towards that is significant and meaningful.
- Support Client’s ownership of realistic goals.
- Encourage Client to take action in key areas, initiate resolving problems and learn skills to accomplish goals.
- Expand Client’s view of what is possible and promote discovery of new insights.
- Give Client input, straight feedback or operate as a sounding board in a respectful manner.
- Listen carefully to what Client says and ask questions to provoke awareness.
- Be a resource or share resources to use in accomplishing Client’s goals.
- Tell the truth and act within integrity.
Responsibilities of the Client:
- Cultivate a core honesty with yourself.
- Examine what you think you want and need, and determine goals that are truly meaningful and significant to you.
- Be committed to your own goals and vision.
- Experiment with new approaches and practice new behaviors.
- Come to the coaching session prepared with what you want to discuss.
- Lead the sessions to make sure you focus on what is important to you.
- Give the Coach feedback on whether the coaching is valuable and what you need.
- Be open to hearing feedback and let the Coach know whether it fits.
- Begin sessions with progress, discuss challenges, and end with an action plan.
- Agree to do fieldwork before the next session to practice skills and behaviors.
- Do your fieldwork each week to bring about results or changes you desire.
- Take ownership for your progress and accomplishments.
This coaching agreement is valid as of the date of submitting the booking form. The amount of the Fee is determined by which coaching service the Client purchases. Client agrees to pay the Fee in full at booking or in installments as stated in the booking form.
Services & Procedures.
The number and type of coaching session(s) is determined by the service Client chooses at the time of purchase. Meeting times will be determined by Coach and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time via an appointment scheduling software and/or email communication. The Client will initiate all scheduled phone calls and will call the Coach at the the number provided. If the meeting is to take place via Zoom then both parties agree to show up at the same predetermined time.
The Coach may be available to Client by email, voicemail, or text in between scheduled sessions. Client understands that this service is predetermined by the type of coaching purchased at time of booking.
Client is responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results. As such, the Client agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach.
Client understands that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters. Furthermore, Client understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound to confidentiality but is not considered a legally confidential relationship. The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent (unless in the unlikely event it is required by law).
Cancellation and Lateness Policy.
Client agrees that it is the Client’s responsibility to notify the Coach at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled call/meeting if the client cannot make the session. Refunds will not be given for missed sessions.
This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.