As I write this blog post this morning I have already prepared breakfast and lunch, taken my son to school, fed the pets and walked them, instant messaged with a client, read and responded to some emails, taken a phone call, and created some social media posts. I’ve probably done more but that’s all I can remember right now.
I’m exhausted before noon and I’m sure you often feel the same.
Life is constantly moving. Energy is everywhere.
Information, ideas, people and even objects (smartphones) relentlessly demand your attention. You, being a smart, sensitive seeker feel this every day and sometimes the world can just be overwhelming.
It’s not your fault. Really it’s not the fault of technology or advances in culture either, at least not intentionally. These things that are designed to make our lives easier often end up ruling us and keeping us from the thriving, joyful and abundant life we desire.
Even your own mind betrays you because it is constantly on the lookout for danger and obstacles in order to keep you safe. Hardly fertile ground for peaceful loving thoughts. And so you find yourself amidst this chaos, building momentum into a state of stress trying to deal with it all.
But what if you just let it go? What if you released all the elements (things, ideas, people, commitments) that keep you from experiencing joy and abundance? By doing so you literally clear space for new and better opportunities to appear.
Time to clear space.
Clearing space in your life is all about breaking up stuck energy or slowing down and changing the direction of energy that has negative momentum. You can clear space in your mind, body, soul, and your environment.
It’s easier than you might think and even the smallest act of clearing space can have a big impact on your success. The following tips are practical, easy and effective for helping you feel more at ease and peaceful in your life. These higher vibrations of peace, love and joy are the fertile ground you need to manifest everything you desire.
50 Ways to Clear Space for Joy and Abundance
- have a good cry
- clean out one drawer or closet
- delete old emails
- unsubscribe from shopping emails
- make a decision
- say no to projects that don’t excite you
- take a walk
- listen to a brain entrainment audio
- make your bed
- take a social media break
- turn off tv/computers after 9pm
- clean out the refrigerator
- turn off notifications on your phone
- take a nap
- start a Kanban board for your to-do list
- stop and just be – breathe, listen, and flow
- spray your home with an essential oil mist
- clean your dishes after every meal
- use paper plates for a week
- finish a project you’ve started
- make that phone call
- let go of a draining relationship
- forgive another
- forgive yourself
- hold a yard sale
- make something
- say “I release (obstacle) from my life now”
- say “I invoke (dream) into my life now”
- take 3 deep, cleansing breaths
- drink hot water with lemon upon waking
- do a juice cleanse
- rearrange your furniture
- close accounts you no longer use
- accept everything as perfect
- write down your worries and put them in a box
- wash your car
- practice silence
- take a bath
- face the sun or the ocean and open your arms
- think about something that makes you feel good
- throw away expired foods and medicine
- practice yoga
- clear blocks in your schedule for future clients, dates or fun
- color in an adult coloring book
- clear energy with crystals or sage
- perform a letting go ritual
- return something you’ve borrowed
Which of these ideas will you try? How do you clear space in your life? Share in the comments below.